Are you using email marketing?… What comes to mind? Does it trigger you to think that you will be sending spammy emails once a month or once a week to your customers and that they won’t be interested in what you are sending them?
Unfortunately, that’s normally what people do or have done for them by “email marketers” on a daily basis.
The truth is that email marketing can be used for the following:
- Acquire a potential customer
- Build a relationship between your business and the potential customer
- And finally convert that potential customer into a client.
How amazing would it be to create an email system that can help you acquire a potential customer and convert that potential customer into a client? You essentially would have a salesperson working for your company and placed on autopilot.
Why aren’t more companies using email marketing?
The reason most business aren’t utilizing this method of growing their business is because it’s essentially a lot of work in the beginning to setup the entire process and it requires the person to not only know how to use an email marketing program but they must also be good at creating a marketing strategy.
This email marketing process essentially looks like this:
- Create a marketing offer that would be attractive to your customer and is cohesive with your current marketing strategy.
- Determine how you will place this offer in front of your potential new customer, will you be using rack cards, social media, print advertising, etc., each one of those marketing methods requires someone to be knowledgeable on how to use them.
- Your potential new customer now determines whether the value that you are offering is worth for them to trade their email information for your offer, if it does you now have a new potential customer.
- Nurture the relationship with great email content automations that introduces your business to this potential new client. This process may take just one email or it may take several emails depending on the complexity of your product or service.
- The sales funnel ends by this potential customer becoming a client or opting out.
Now does this sound like your current email marketing system? If it does, that is awesome. If it doesn’t then you have a lot to consider because when utilized correctly this can have a better return on investment than any advertising campaign that you currently run.
As you can see, email marketing is a totally different beast from what you thought it was. It can be extremely useful for nearly any type of business. We invite you to get in contact with us if you have questions on how a more effective email marketing campaign can be implemented for your business.
My name is Jose. I’m the owner of Speyre Network and several other businesses and projects. I’ve been in the marketing and digital marketing space for over 25 years and want to provide you with as much insight that I can through my blog and email newsletter.
I also run and online blog called Today with Jose, where I am building a platform to help others who have also battled cancer like myself.
I am available for consultation and also for implementing digital marketing strategies in your company or organization.