Podcasting has become a fantastic medium to help elevate your expertise and reach a global audience. Here are some statistics on podcast taken from a buzzsprout blog.
- In 2022, 62% of the population 12+ has listened to a podcast and roughly 79% are familiar with the medium.
- 73% of the U.S. population 12+ have listened to online audio in the last month.
- A third of Americans listen to a podcast regularly.
- Over 66% have a college degree and an average annual household income of $75,000.
- 73% listen to a podcast on their smartphone.
The positive statistics go on.
So you’ve been thinking about launching your own podcast, or you already have, did you know that most people fail only because they weren’t consistent and didn’t continue to educate themselves on how to be better podcasters.
- The other reason is lack of support. Let’s face it. There always seems to be something to learn.
- How do I build a content strategy?
- What equipment and software do I use?
- Do I build a website for my podcast or is the podcasting host enough?
- Do I need to edit the podcast? In the case of video podcasting, do I need to learn how to edit both audio and video?
- How do I market the podcast? Will people listen to my podcast?
- Do I need separate social media channels for my podcast?
- How do I monetize my podcast or do I just keep creating content without a clear plan to monetization?
The questions go on… and now…
The introduction of the video podcast… OMG. Now, we can implement short form video (TikTok, Reels and Shorts) into our podcasts. Let’s complicate things even more shall we… LOL.
Video podcasting opens us up to one one of the highest conversion rates in the industry… short form video. If we can create quality content through a video podcast and we then repurpose that content, one video podcast suddenly becomes 30+ pieces of content that can now be included in our digital marketing strategy.
- The video podcast breaks down to the following.
- You record your video podcast.
- You have the audio podcast that you post on your podcast platform.
- You post the full video podcast on your new YouTube channel and Facebook page.
- You cut the video podcasts into 4 or 5 good key points.
- You add captions and any other fun sounds or images, post on TikTok, Reels and YouTube Shorts
- Update the transcript of your video podcast on your website
- And repeat each week.
Sounds fantastic… but it also sounds like a lot of work, research and a huge learning curve. The good news is that their are many resources on the internet to help guide you through the process and if you remain a student of the industry you can shift when you need to as you grow your video podcast platform.
The process of learning how to build a video podcast can take anywhere between 6 months and 2 years depending on how much time you have to dedicate to your new found project.
Or there is one other option. A pre-made team that can basically mentor you through the process, provide you with the strategic planning and technical services you desperately need to execute this new phase of your business. One that has all the necessary skills to build your video podcast.
Yes, we can help you make it happen. We even have a service called video podcasting that will help you determine if we’re the partners that you should chose to make your video podcast a reality.
Plus, we have a fully managed version of our video podcasting service where you basically just attend content meetings and production and your team handles the rest.
My name is Jose Rosa. I’m the owner of Speyre Network and several other businesses and projects. I’ve been in the marketing and digital marketing space for over 25 years and want to provide you with as much insight that I can through my blogs and email newsletters.
You can easily sign-up to the Speyre Network publication below. It helps keep you and your marketing team in the know.
I also run and online blog called Today with Jose, where I am building a platform to help keep business owners informed about digital marketing and also help support and share my cancer journey.